Week #114; Wed, Mar 04: Daniel 12:1–Hosea 3:5
Daniel 12, The Time of the End
I. KEY TEXT: “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” (12:1-4)
A. INFERENCE: Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream. And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, ‘How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?’ And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished. I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, ‘O my Lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?’ He said, ‘Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand. And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days (~3.5 yrs). But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.'” (1:5-13)
1. FINDINGS: A Jewish resurrection will occur as a nation after the Rapture and before the Millennium. (Jer 16:14-15).
2. CRITERIA: There are three kinds of resurrections: Spiritual (the church before the tribulation), Physical (left behind), and National (Israel in one day). The Book of Life is the BOSS FILE; it contains the names of everyone that shall be delivered including Daniel’s people.
3. CONDITION: The end time is addressed here to the Jews as a “nation” when they will be converted in a single day and miraculously delivered to their own land from the lands where they were dispersed where they are to pass through the “Fiery Judgment” of the “Tribulation Period” (Ezek. 20:34-38; 22:19-22; Zech. 13:9, Malachi 3:1-3), the sufferings of which will cause them to call on the Lord for deliverance (Jer. 16:14-15; Isa. 4:35-7; Amos 9:14-15). Per the reference at paragraph I.G. on blog page 7, there will be three kinds of resurrections: (1) Spiritual, when a soul is “born again” and passes from death unto life, this is a spiritual resurrection which is going on continually before the Great Tribulation (John 5:24); (2) Physical, where the bodies of the righteous and wicked shall rise, but not at the same time. The righteous bodies shall rise to the resurrection of life before the Millennium, and the wicked bodies to the resurrection of the damnation at the close of the Millennium (John 5:28-29); and (3) National, when Israel who are now nationally dead and buried in the “Graveyard of the Nations,” but who are to be revived and restored to their own land (Jer. 16:14-15, Ezek. 37:12, 21, 22). This is before the “Fiery Judgment” of the “Tribulation Period” where the sufferings of which will cause them to call on the Lord for deliverance. He will pour out upon them the “Spirit of Grace and Supplication (Zech. 12:10)” and they shall “Nationally Repent (Zech. 12:11-14) and be Converted.” “I will take you from among the Heathen (the Gentiles), and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own Land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A New Heart also will I give you, and a New Spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the Stony Heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a ‘Heart of Flesh.’ And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My Statutes, and ye shall keep My Judgments, and do them.” (Ezekiel. 36:24-27) Then will be fulfilled Is. 66:8–
4. CAUSE: The Lord’s end times plan is a three-part plan which includes provisions for the salvation of the Jews as a NATION in one day.
5. EFFECT: If the Lord wants you back, He is going to get you. A bigger boat may not save you, (Think of JAWS–boomp-boomp, boomp-boomp , . . . ), but Jesus will surely save you (Think of Peter sinking in the sea while walking to Jesus on the water . . . ), Reach out and take His hand; He will be there for you.
6. RECOMMENDATION: Wait patiently on the Lord, and be ready. The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night . . . (2 Peter 3)
Hosea 1, Hosea’s Wife and Children
I. KEY TEXT: “When the Lord first spoke through Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea, ‘Go, take to your self a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the Lord. So he went and took Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.” (1:2-3)
A. INFERENCE: “And the Lord said to him, ‘Call his name Jezreel, for in just a little while I will punish the house of Jehu for the blood of Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom the house of Israel. And on that day I will break the bow of Israel in the Valley of Jezreel.’ She conceived again and bore a daughter. And the Lord said to him, ‘Call her name No Mercy, for I will no more have mercy on the house of Israel, to forgive them at all. But I will have mercy on the house of Judah, and I will save them by the Lord their God. I will not save them by bow or by sword or by war or by horses or by horsemen.’ When she had weaned No Mercy, she conceived and bore a son. And the Lord said, ‘Call his name Not My People, for you are not my people, and I am not your God.'” (1:4-9)
1. FINDINGS: “Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be like the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured or numbered. And in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ it shall be said to them, ‘Children of the living God.’ And the children of Judah and the children of Israel shall be gathered together, and they shall appoint for themselves one head. And they shall go up from the land, for great shall be the day of Jezreel.” (1:10-11)
2. CRITERIA: Forsaking the Lord is unacceptable to the Lord God. (1:2)
3. CONDITION: The Lord God will have no mercy to those who forsake him.
4. CAUSE: Wicked Baal worship versus Holy worship of the Lord God. (2:8)
5. EFFECT: The Lord God will take back all that was given, grain, wine, oil, wool, flax, silver, and gold.
6. RECOMMENDATION: The Lord God will put an end to all her whorings and going after Baals; for forgetting the Lord God.
2. Israel’s Unfaithfulness Punished
I. KEY TEXT: “And she did not know that it was I who gave her the grain, the wine, and the oil, and who lavished on her silver and gold, which they used for Baal. (2:8)
A. INFERENCE: “Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her her vinyards and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth, as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt. (2:14-15)
1. FINDINGS: “And in that day, declares the Lord, you will call me ‘My Husband,’ and no longer will you call me ‘My Baal.’ For I will remove the names of the Baal from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more. (2:16-18)
2. CRITERIA: The wrath of the Lord God will be administered to those that forsake the Lord God. (2:3-7)
3. CONDITION: Israel forgot the Lord God and was unfaithful by worshiping Baal, burning offerings to them and adorning herself with her ring and jewelry, and went after her lovers and forgot me, declares the Lord. (2:13)
4. CAUSE: “And she did not know that it was I who gave her the grain, the wine, and the oil, and who lavished on her silver and gold, which they used for Baal.(2:8)
5. EFFECT: “And I will make for them a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land, and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.” (2:18-16)
6. RECOMMENDATION: Turn back to the Lord God and the Lord’s mercy shall return to all Israel. (2:23)
Hosea 3, Hosea Redeems His Wife
I. KEY TEXT: “And the Lord said to me, ‘Go again, love a woman who is loved by another man and is an adulteress, even as the Lord loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love cakes of raisins.'” (3:1)
A. INFERENCE: So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver and a homer and a lethech of barley. And I said to her, ‘You must dwell as mine for many days. You shall not play the whore, or belong to another man; so will I also be to you.’ for the children of Israel shall dwell many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or pillar, without ephod or household gods.” (3:2-4)
1. FINDINGS: The love of the Lord God for his people Israel is unsurpassed.
2. CRITERIA: The Lord God demands allegiance from His children, Israel.
3. CONDITION: Israel is the adulteress; however, redemption is still a consideration because of the unending love the Lord God has for his children. (3:4)
4. CAUSE: The Lord God has a master plan, to include a special people through Abraham to the time of the end that is set and cannot be changed; the Lord God, even now is bringing his people to the ready for consummating his plan for those in the Book of Life. Hosea is hearing the word of the Lord for what lies ahead for Israel (and all others).
5. EFFECT: Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the Lord their God, and David their king, and they shall come in fear to the Lord and to his goodness in the latter days.” (3:5)
6. RECOMMENDATION: Turn away from temptation and return to the Lord God.